Friday, December 18, 2009

Morning Routine

Morning routine goes like this:


- Wake up to Dex's gurgling and talking (hopefully this isn't until 6, but he's been know on a few occasions to be earlier than that!!  Goodbye, morning sleep ins...)

- Listen for a while

- Go make his bottle, then make my appearance in his room. He gets SO excited when somebody walks in there, you'd think he was hyperventilating! I always feel too bad if I go in there first and then have to leave to make the bottle.

- Change diaper & feed him while laying on the bed in his room so mama can get a LITTLE more rest time.

- Move to the pallet in the hallway to play while mama gets ready for work. (we won’t be able to do this much longer. He’s getting way too mobile. Right now he just comes into the bathroom, but before long, I’m sure he will be all over the place. Not sure what we’ll do then!










Dex's new "camera smile"






- He likes playing with his bath toys so much in the bath, I let him play with them while not in the bath.







- We brush our teeth… love this little toothbrush of his. It doesn’t have bristles, it just massages his gums. It’s a whole kit with the different stages of toothbrushes, so fun! I guess we’ll wait till he gets a few more teeth in there to move up a stage.







- I dry my hair and he plays in the mirror







- Tries to pull the cat’s tail, or really just pull anything on the cat, while I put my make up on.







- Then we move into mama and daddy’s room while mama finishes getting dressed! We’ve started having to put him on the floor in there too, because he comes too close to falling off the bed now with his constant scooting.



Not sure what this is, but he does it quite a bit :)




Nice way to spend my mornings!! 

1 comment:

  1. the one-legged push up is hysterical!

    love-
    aunt shano

    ReplyDelete