Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Angel Fire 2014 - Family Vacation

We loaded up the kids and packed the car full of warm clothes and food last weekend and headed out to Angel Fire, NM.  It was an 11 hour drive, which was a challenge at times, but we stopped half-way and stayed in a hotel on the way there and back, which helped tremendously.  Plus, staying in a hotel room was a whole other adventure for Dex and Anna :)

We passed the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo and decided to get out to stretch legs, run out some energy, and take a few pictures.  I'm so glad we did.  


It was so, so bright and windy.  Oh my, the wind.  (I don't think Dex's eyes were open in any picture we took here.)







We finally made it to some snow!!


 Making snow angels.  It was the first thing he wanted to do once he hit the snow!







There was a lot of falling down in the snow.  Both on accident and on purpose :)  




Hello teenager. 






Our cabin for the weekend.  It was perfect!





Sunrise one morning, view from the back deck.  


Oh sweet Anna...




Hahaha!  I love this picture of Dex.  He's waiting to go in to ski school.



Tiniest snow man :)



















On the final day, I took my camera out to try and get some pictures of Dex skiing in school.  He went up the ski lift and everything!  I got a few of him coming down the "real mountain" as he called it. 


He's in the red helmet (below).






I'll end on my favorite skiing picture of all time!  Ha!  I love it.  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures! It looks like y'all had a wonderful time!!! I think Dex is smiling big in every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to build memories for your precious children! It won't be long until all 4 of you skiing down the big ski slopes together!

    ReplyDelete