Friday, July 3, 2009

Get Me Outta Here!

I’d like to start out by saying that I’m a little aggravated that my first post has to be about me getting aggravated at somebody, but hey, I get aggravated easily, so I suppose it’s fitting!

I scheduled a session at Kiddie Kandid’s yesterday, and WOW. I will never go back. Poor little Dex was so scared of the picture lady by the end of the session, we got out of there as quick as possible! When we left, I told Sean I wish I had been secretly recording this chick while she was taking the pictures. She was snapping her tongue, making motorboat sounds and kept touching his face and saying “DEEEEC-LIN!! DEEEC-LIN!” Oh my gosh, how annoying! Seriously this was his face:
















Haha! I told her “Um…he doesn’t like loud noises and rattles in his face. Why don’t you just let me in there and see if I can get him to smile for a second.” To which she said okay, and then continued on behind me snapping and shaking that dad-gum rattle! Poor baby started to cry like 3 times.

I mean, if I’m coming in there with a young baby and I tell you that all I want is some pictures of him smiling, don’t you try to find out what’s going to make him smile? Don’t you see that he’s obviously not happy and possibly try something new?? Maybe ASK HIS PARENTS? Sheesh. There wasn’t ONE picture of a smile in the whole bunch.
And of course, I get there at 6, ask her how long we have so I can get him used to what’s going on so he’ll lighten up a little, she says she has another appointment at 7, so I’m thinking, “Good, we have an hour.” No. We are OUT THE DOOR at 6:30. That included looking through pictures and ordering/printing them. I could go on and on, but I’m just going to chock that up to a lesson learned, and I won’t be back!

Here is the ONE decent pic we got :)

3 comments:

  1. He looks very serious and sceptical..but he is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture cracks me up! Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful! It will be so much fun following Dex and his daily dialogues! Give him a kiss from his "great" Aunt Jeannie.

    ReplyDelete