Sunday, October 25, 2009

Update on the Pig Flu Situation

An update on the boy:  He's feeling MUCH better today.  He ended up having an extremely mild (in my opinion, based on what I thought it was going to be like) case of the swine flu, with no real issues on his lungs.  He had a cough, but it never sounded like a deep, wet cough that would have been very bad.  His fever was around 99 for a couple of days, but as of yesterday afternoon, that's been gone.  He's still taking his Tamiflu and will for the next two days, but I think he's pretty much over the sickness.  He woke up this morning a new baby.  He slept all night, is taking long naps, and smiles and plays when he's awake!  Thank goodness!!  Now, hopefully Sean or I don't get it...
 



He used to never like to be held like a baby.  And when I say "used to" I mean like last week.  Now, he likes to be held in your arms and he'll kind of lay backwards with his arms and his head hanging off the sides.  But the only catch is, you can't sit down, you have to be walking so he can look at things all over the house upside down.  It's new to him if he's looking at it from a different angle, I guess.

Kind of like this:



And this one was just so cute :)  He was trying to look at me to see what I was doing...


3 comments:

  1. SOOOO glad that your sweet boy is better! I know you had to have been scared!! I love Dex's little face in the last picture!! He's like, "Hey, Mom, what's the deal?" TOO CUTE! Hope you and Sean stay WELL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet little face!! I am SO glad to hear he is feeling better - I felt terrible for you guys when Will told me about the swine flu. I hope you guys don't get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Brooks loves to look at the world upside down!! He's always throwing his head back over my arm, leg, the side of the couch -- whatever. Is it just a boy thing? Or an O'Neal thing?

    Love-Aunt Shannon (since I have to post as anonymous for some reason)

    ReplyDelete