Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Some Things He Says

Dex is so shocking these days with how well he talks and converses.  He's SO smart, it just blows my mind!  He understands everything (it seems like).  It's like having a conversation with an actual person, instead of trying to talk to him with words he'll understand.  It's pretty amazing.  And practically ALWAYS hilarious  :)

1.  This Thanksgiving Holiday, we were all sitting around the living room... my Dad (Poppy) was calling for Dex, but he wasn't listening. 
Me: "Dex!  Go see what Poppy wants.  What does Poppy want?" 
Dex (without looking up from playing):  "A bulldozer." 
2.  Dex was in the living room playing with his toy tow truck. 
Dex:  "You like my truck, Mommy?" 
Me:  "Yes, I do!  I LOVE it!"
Dex:  "Do you want to touch it?"

3.  In the car this morning driving to school (Miss Kristy's house) 
Dex:  "Mommy!  Miss Kristy says "Dex!!!  SIT DOWN!"
(way to tell on yourself there, little man)

4.  Again in the car this morning...
Dex:  "Cookie Monster likes to eat cookies!"
Me:  "That's right!  I do too!  Do you like cookies?"
Dex:  "Yes, I DO like cookies!"
Me:  "You're a little cookie monster then!  If you like cookies."
Dex:  "No I'm NOT a cookie monster!"
Me:  "You're not?  What are you then?"
Dex:  "Me!"

And on and on I could go...  I will think of some more and get them written down  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment