Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Funny Boy

Dex says something hilarious at least once a day.  I wish I could write them all down, but unfortunately I don't... and even if I think I can remember them, again, unfortunately I don't.  I'm going to try to write some of them down in my phone until I can get them to the blog (because this is where I'm trying to compile all my memories)  :)

These may not be as funny to everyone else because actually seeing it is probably way funnier than just reading it!

Dex came in and tattled on his friend while they were playing, and Sean pulled him away from what they were doing to talk to him about tattling and also about sharing.  I'm not gonna lie, he kinda went on and on (sorry Babe!  haha!) and when there was a pause in his lesson, Dex looked at him and said "Are you done talking?"

Dex is underfoot a lot of the time, and one time I backed into him and bumped him (and probably stepped on something) and Dex said "Mommy!!  You just HIT me!" all incredulous like (which he does no matter if it was an accident or not, or just a brush of a hand or a full on foot stomp).  I said "I'm sorry!!"  And he said "That's not okay.  But I forgive you."

Poppy taught him a fun little jingle, and Dex was reciting it one day in the back of the car, except he got it slightly wrong. 
This is what I heard him say:  "Birdie, birdie in the sky!  Why you do that in my eye?  I'm sure glad that cows don't poop!!"

Annabel has started going to her "daycare" (a lady that keeps a few kids in her house) and the last two days Dex has wanted to go in with me when we pick her up so that he can see all the babies.  We walked in yesterday (Dex's second day to meet Mrs. D) and he walked up to her and said "Are you a princess?"  She just laughed and said "bless you child!" and gave him a big ol' hug!  haha!  I asked him on the way home why he asked her that and he said "Because she keeps all the babies!!"  ????  No idea :)

I'll try to remember some more to post here, but if not, then hopefully I can at least keep track of more stories going forward!! 

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Gentry literally told me last week, as she put her little hands on either side of my face, that she wanted my "face to quit talking". Lol!

    -Aunt Shannon

    ReplyDelete